Dr. Sarah Simpson
Tel: (613) 507-3937
Fax: (613) 507-2597
- Oculoplastics Fellowship: University of Calgary (2020)
- Ophthalmology Residency: Queen's University (2018)
- Medical School: Queen's University (2013)
- Pre-medical: Queen's University (2009) BScH Psychology (with distinction)
Selected Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Ruzicki J, Simpson SM, Farmer J, Kertes PJ, Strube Y. (2019). Silicone oil migration into periorbital space surrounding an extraocular muscle after sutureless 23-gauge vitrectomy in a child. Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, 23, 109–111.
- Simpson SM MacKenzie J, Strube Y. (2019). Atypical late presentation of galactosemia: a case report. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 54, e194–196.
- Simpson SM, Farmer J, Kratky V. (2017). Acute Orbital Sarcoidosis with Preceding Fever and Erythema Nodosum. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 52, e233–235.
- Simpson SM, Yau G, Nischal KK, Strube Y. (2017). Forceps injury in a newborn presenting as iris heterochromia. JAAPOS, 21, 425–426.
- Mednick Z, Tabanfar R, Alexander A, Simpson SM, Baxter S. (2017). The creation and validation of a simulator for corneal rust ring removal. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 52, 447–452.
- Varma D, Simpson SM, Rai A., Ahmed IK. (2017). Undetected angle closure in patients with a diagnosis of open angle glaucoma. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 52, 373–378.
- Simpson SM, Schweitzer KD, Johnson DE. (2017). Design and validation of a laser simulator for peripheral iridotomy, posterior capsulotomy and retinopexy. Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging Retina, 48, 56–61.
- Simpson SM, Hickey AJ, Baker GB, Reynolds JN, Beninger RJ. (2012). The antidepressant phenelzine enhances memory in the double Y-maze and increases GABA in the hippocampus and frontal cortex of rats. Pharmacology Biochemistry Behavior, 102, 109–117.
- Simpson SM, Hickey AJ, Baker GB, Reynolds JN, Beninger RJ. (2011). The effects of pro-GABA treatment on the behavioural and cognitive deficits produced by post-weaning social isolation and subchronic MK-801 in the rat. Behavioural Pharmacology, 22(suppl), e41–42.
- Simpson SM, Menard JL, Reynolds JN, Beninger RJ. (2010). Post-weaning social isolation increases activity in a novel environment but decreases defensive burying and subchronic MK-801 enhances the activity but not the burying effect in rats. Pharmacology Biochemistry Behavior, 95, 72–79.