Residents are required to attend a variety of academic activities on a regular basis. These include:
- Departmental Seminars in Ophthalmology
- Grand Rounds and Clinical Rounds
- Professor's Rounds
- Journal Club
- University of Toronto Basic Science Course (for PGY1s)
- Wet Lab - PGY4 residents are introduced to intraocular surgery in this lab prior to exposure in the operating room.
- Ophthalmic Pathology Seminars
- Academic Half Days for PGY1s - residents attend on the service to which they are assigned.
- IVFA Rounds
- Chairman's Rounds
There are other organized scholarly activities that are recommended to residents. These include:
- Board Review Course for PGY5 residents
- Basic Science Course for PGY4 residents, at either Lancaster University or Stanford University
- Practice Management Course for senior Ophthalmology Residents
- Wet Labs